Sunday, March 24, 2019

Veiling from a Male's Perspective

Hi Everyone!

So here is part 2 to my veiling post! Thank  again to Victor for guest writing on my blog!! And without further adieu, let's get onto the post. 


   Every time I walk into a chapel and see someone veiling, there are two things that cross my mind. The first thought is WHO IS SHE? (Perhaps my future spouse??) What can I say, holiness has a way of stirring a man’s heart. It’s simply attractive. For this reason, there’s something very beautiful about the veil. It tells me that the woman is unique and set apart. By covering herself, she reveals more of who she is. She radiates goodness and becomes a reflection of God.
   The second thought is WHO AM I? By seeing such bold display of faith, she convicts me of my masculinity. We know that as men, we have been given strength not for ourselves but for the sake of others. This means rising to the occasion (daily) to lay down our lives for something more. Deep down, most are aware of this calling, but many need the inspiration to spark the fire.
   The outward expression of a woman who wears a veil is something I have yet to fully understand. There’s a great mystery to it. One thing I am certain of is that when I see the veil, I can only stand in reverent awe of her and our Lord.

Biography of my guest author: 
Victor Nguyen (pronounced “Win”) is a 3rd-year student at the University of Georgia. He lives in Athens, GA where he is working to build a lively Catholic Community. Throughout his 21 years, he's seen beautiful marriages and broken ones as well. Somewhere along the journey, he became aware that if he wanted to change the world, he had to save the family. He’s devoted his life to being a missionary where he will speak about the virtue of chastity, the beauty of marriage, and where the root of our identity comes from.


And before I close this blog post, Victor has asked me to pass this YouTube video on chastity along! Please support him and his mission!!




God bless!
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment